Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Random Monday nightness

So I think it's time for a new post. I have a feeling there will be much randomness, but hopefully I'll be able to provide some productive information.

The weekend: I worked on Friday night at the gym. It went well, but we had to fold a butt-load of towels which sucked. Saturday I went kayaking on the Scioto. It was fun, and we so a ton of blue herons. I knew there were a lot of them, but there is seriously A LOT of them. I was suppose to help a friend move, but by the time I got done kayaking and going to breakfast and Bob Evans (which was incredible, thanks for asking) she was already pretty much done moving. I felt and still do feel bad because I told her I would help, but obviously didn't :-( I went into work for a couple hours after that, and then visited her new apartment. It's small, but nice. I have to admit, there are times that I'm jealous of my friends that live alone, but then again I've got a pretty good deal here, and Dave and I get along so I'm cool for now. I hung out with Erica, Lynette, Lisa, and Brent on Saturday night. We went to the Winking Lizard, my first time there, and it was pretty tasty. It was meant to me more of a low key night so it just consisted of dinner, a little guitar hero and that's about all I really remember. On Sunday, not only did I finally make it to church, but I also went to the gym before hand! After church we had a picnic at Homested Park which was fun. Got to play a little sand volleyball, and then I met up with Jasmine at Texas Roadhouse. She was on her way back to Indy, but I deverted her for a little hang out time. Then it was time for some ping-pong/The Office/Guitar Hero at Dave's. Good times as always with some delicious apple pie that Adam made....GO ADAM!!

So a month or so ago I agreed to head up the 4th of July float for the church. Needless to say with the craziness that's been my life lately I've let it slide, and of course there is no productive information on Hilliard's website to help me with who I need to contact, when the form has to be in, how much it costs, etc. Dublin's website has all of this, but the $200 fee seemed a bit high, and the June 20th deadline is obviously a bit of a problem. I'm hoping that it's not the same with Hilliard, but with my luck I'm sure it will be. I do know that the theme is "Together we Stand" so I think the theme should be easy to base a float off of, but we'll see how it goes. I may be recruiting creativity and or man-power so keep your phones charged and on your sides at all times! :-)

If you've talked to me on a regular basis in the last couple weeks, you probably know that I'm learning sign language through a class being offer at work. It's extremely interesting, and it's something I've always wanted to learn. We have a few deaf people at work, so it'll be cool to be able to communicate with them once I figure out what I'm doing. I've also decided that in an effort to reinforce Gracie's tricks, I'm going to teach her all of her commands in sign too. So far I've just been doing it in passing, whenever I tell her to do something, but hopefully I'll be able to start spending some dedicated time with her to work on it specifically. Here's a good website that I've been using to find specific signs and words: http://www.aslpro.com. I think it's a great website because it has video of each sign. Pretty cool stuff so check it out and if you like it click an add on this page...apparently I get paid for it! :-)

Random complaint: people that insist on doing 5 mph UNDER the post speed limits. I usually drive a bit faster then the speed limit, but I can handle the people that do the speed limit, because it's the law, but seriously people! Do you have to drive slower then the speed limit...for no reason!?!?!

No it's time for bed because I'm going to try and get to the gym, and then to the Vet to pick up food for Gracie, all before 8am when I have to be on my way down to work. I'm already tired thinking about it

I'll leave you with the scripture from church on Sunday. I found it very appropriate.

Matthew 11:28-30, Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.


----------------
Now playing on Pandora: Griffin House - New Day
via FoxyTunes

No comments: