Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Cycling sabbatical

I didn't ride to work yet again today. The pups took forever to do their business this morning, Gracie acted like a picky eater this morning, and the bike tires needed some air. I thought about it for minute and said screw it and grabbed the car keys.

Once to work, I started thinking about it. I don't necessarily enjoy riding to work. Actually, it's kinda a pain in the ass, especially now that it's starting to get cold. It's much more convenient to drive and my lungs and legs aren't burning from my immediate hill climb on my way home. Why do I bother then? Because it's the right thing to do. I only live a mile from work and it's really unnecessary to drive. Working only a mile from work also makes it hard to spend enough time in the saddle to actually enjoy the ride. Maybe if I lived a little further, it would give me the opportunity to enjoy the ride a little more. Then again, it would also be more inconvenient.

The worst part is, I know there are a lot of people that truly do love the ride. Maybe I need a new bike or maybe just some new components!


Tomorrow, I start to ride again, whether I like it or not.


No comments: