Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A bring you up-to-date kinda blog...

Ok, so I'm completely guilty of being absent for a while on here. It gets to a point that I feel like there is so much I need to blog about (because I haven't blogged forever) that it's overwhelming. This is my catch up (not ketchup) blog, and from here on out I'll try to post a least once a week (or so).

So...

I've gotten a lot more into cycling lately. Actually, I'm trying to commute to work by bike as much as possible. Granted, it's only been 2-3 days a week at the very most (so far zero this week, but hopefully tomorrow). I'm actually building a single speed bike for my commute. It's about 7.5 miles and while gears would probably be more efficient, having the lower maintenance of a single speed will be really nice. Also, come January or Febuary, I'll be moving closer to work (within 2 miles hopefully) and plan to commute by bike year around. I'll also be building a single speed mountain bike for the winter commute.

Yesterday, Lynette and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary! It's hard to believe that it's already been a year. It seems like only a few months, but then I think about all the stuff that we've done in the last year and it sinks in that it's been a year. I guess the old saying is true, time flies when you're having fun!" I made a nice dinner for us and we shared a bottle of wine and that was about it. It was a nice and relaxing way to spend our anniversary.

The summer is flying by! The fair is going on, and I've been informed that the fair is the unofficial sign that summer is over...oh well. It was a great Summer and will be an awesome Fall!

Lynette and I are going camping this weekend. Just the two of us and the pups of course. Speaking of the pups, they had their pictures taken a couple of months ago by a professional phoDographer down in Cincinnati. It was Lynette's Christmas gift from me. Well, once we finally ordered our prints, we saw that Gracie made the photographers online gallery. (http://gallery.me.com/carolynevans#101388&bgcolor=white&view=mosaic&sel=0) I'm such a proud pappa!

I think that probably wraps things up for now. There has obviously been a lot more going on than what was mentioned here, but I figured I should keep it short. Also, there will probably be a fair amount of cycling stuff showing up on the blog in the future, but I will try to keep some other intersting (mundane) stuff mixed in as well for all you devoted readers! :-)

Until next time, stay awesome!

Oh and one more thing. I've seen this on a cycling blog that I follow, and I like it so I'm going to steal the idea. On Fridays, I'm going to post a list of some websites that I've been checking out lately. They will be basically anything that I've been looking at for that week, something cool that I've found, another blog that I find interesting, etc. So stay tuned for that interesting stuff.

No comments: