Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

New phone

Well, after a year of being ready for a new phone, I finally got it yesterday. I went into the Verizon store yesterday in anticipation of picking up the Treo 755P.

However, when I got there I was informed that they had the new Palm Centro, which I assumed like the 755P, would take Verizon 1+year to get. To make a long story short, I ended up with the Centro and after the mail-in rebate the phone will have been FREE! So here it is:


I love the phone. The size is very manageable, which I thought would be a problem with the 755P. The OS is familiar and very easy to use and customize to what I want. My only problem, and it's a BIG one, is that I so far have yet to be able to migrate all the data from my Palm TX to the Centro. I used the IR port to beam all my contacts, but my big concern is my calendar. I've got a years worth of stuff created and forecasted and I don't want to have to create it from scratch. It's a little frustrating and I've been on the palm.com support forums, but no one has had the exact problem that I've had. I did find out that I shouldn't bother with the new palm desktop that was included with the Centro. I uninstalled that and reverted back to my original software which so far is more cooperative because it at least shows my calendar events. I posted thread on the forum so hopefully I'll hear back soon.

Moving on... I missed church yet again this morning :-/ I didn't mean it, but as I was looking at my new phone to figure out the alarm, I must have fallen asleep. I woke up at 10:26 and thought, "dang, I did it again!" As for the rest of today, I don't have a whole lot going on this afternoon. Gracie and I are meeting up with Lynette (and Webster), Rachel, and possibly Erica to go see Shakespeare's Macbeth being performed in Schiller Park down in German Village. Looks like it's going to be a nice evening for it.

Looks like that's it for now. I may try out some of the new fun stuff on my phone and see if I can post some pictures on here from Macbeth later. No promises, but I'll see what I can do!

Stay cool kids!

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Kenny Chesney - Better As A Memory
via FoxyTunes

No comments: